The 2022 Homecoming Queen selections process will be facilitated by the following timeline.
Fall 2022 Timeline
- Thursday, Sept. 1 – Application goes live via Homecoming website
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 – Candidate Interview Sign-Up Link Posted
- Sept. 6 – 13 – Candidate Interest Sessions are hosted in person and via Zoom
- Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 11:59 p.m. – Applications close (Extended through 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 5)
- Wednesday, September 14 at 8:00 p.m.- 3104 Student Center
- Friday, September 16 at 12:00 p.m.- 3104 Student Center w/ Zoom Option
- Join Zoom Meeting (Meeting ID: 823 3051 1389; Passcode: 213975)
- Dial by your location +1 470 381 2552 US (Atlanta) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- Sunday, September 18 at 5:00 p.m.- 3104 Student Center
- Sunday, September 18 at 6:00 p.m.- Zoom Only
Scoring and Selection
- Sept. 21 – 25 – Candidate Interview Process
- Sunday, Sept. 25 at 11:59 p.m. – Deadline for faculty to submit review of candidate essays
- Friday, Oct. 7 – Top five candidates are announced (original date modified)
- Sept. 28 – Oct. 3 – Selections hearings and disputes heard (if needed)
- Friday, Oct. 7 – Candidate meeting for Top five, financial plan submitted by 11:59 p.m. via link that evening (original date modified)
- Saturday, Oct. 8 at 7 a.m. – Financial receipts submitted via Financial Reporting Form, which will be posted to website by 11:59 p.m. (24 hours before campaigning begins)
- Sunday, Oct. 9 at 7 a.m. through Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. – Candidate campaigning
- Friday, Oct. 14 – Week one appeals/infractions review
- Monday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m. – Financial receipts submitted via Financial Reporting Form, which will be posted to website by 11:59 p.m. (24 hours before end of election)
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Homecoming Queen Election
- Oct. 19 – 20 – Elections hearings and disputes heard (if needed)
- Friday, Oct. 21 – Homecoming Queen officially announced at Homecoming Pep Rally & Bonfire
- Saturday, Oct. 22 – Homecoming Court participate in parade and presented at Halftime
The following guidelines will be used to set the election schedule each year.
- Application and timeline posted no later than the third Monday after classes begin
- At least two Interest Sessions to be hosted in early September
- No later than two weeks before the Homecoming Election – Application Closes.
- Tentative Interview dates provided in application packet. Candidates will be contacted to select interview with at least a week’s notice.
- Two (2) weeks (at least) before campaigning begins – The five applicants are notified if they will be on the ballot.
- One (1) week before Election Day – Campaigning begins at 12:01 a.m.
- One (1) class day after each disclosure deadline – Homecoming Committee posts financial disclosure statements online.
- Second financial disclosure form due by 11:59 a.m. on the day of the election. Shared with all candidates before posting online to fit within the appeal timeline.
- Friday night before Homecoming Game (at the Pep Rally & Bonfire) – Homecoming Queen Announced