The 2018 Homecoming Executive Committee will coordinate two Homecoming Competition Divisions to enable more students to continue to participate in the traditional Homecoming Week activities of 2018.
There will be two divisions– the Crimson Division and the Tide Division.
There are new or clarified rules in each and every event this year, so please read your event’s guidelines thoroughly. This year competitors will be provided with the judging criteria for their events. These criteria will be given out at the mandatory informational meetings.
The Crimson Division
- Any student organization is welcome to participate in the Crimson Division.
- Anyone competing in the Crimson Division will not be allowed to also compete in the Tide Division, with the exception of the Canvas Competition, which will be permitted.
- This division will compete for the Spirit Cup and the winner will be announced at the halftime of the Alabama vs. Missouri game on October 13th, 2018. The 2nd and 3rd place winners will also be announced.
- The Spirit Cup will be awarded to the organization that accrues the most Spirit Cup points over the course of the week’s competitions.
The Tide Division
- Anyone is welcome to participate in the Tide Division.
- Participants in this division do not have to be members of a student organization. Each team must simply have the minimum number of participants on their team as is required by the rules of the competition and pay the entry fee. Teams can be created by groups of friends, roommates, an intramural team, a class, or even a leadership position/group, etc.
- Anyone competing in the Tide Division will not be allowed to also compete in the Crimson Division for that particular event, with the exception of the Lawn Decoration Competition, which will be permitted.
- Competitors in this division will compete for the 1st place spot in each individual event and the winners of each event will be announced and awarded at the Pep Rally and Bonfire on Friday, October 12th, 2018.