Homecoming Queen Elections
During Homecoming week, UA Students are given an opportunity to vote for a student to represent the student body as Homecoming Queen for that year. Additional students are named as part of the Homecoming Court and they are honored in an official ceremony at Halftime. This year’s campaigning will take place from Tuesday, September 20th at 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27. For more information, visit http://vote.ua.edu.
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Time: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Application Deadline: Thursday, Sept. 15th @ 6:00pm; Send via email to email@example.com
Registration Fee: $75.00 to the Office of Student Involvement, Ferguson Center Room 3610. Make check payable to the University of Alabama, put the candidate name in the memo field
Required Meetings: Mandatory Informational Meeting
CANDIDATE PLATFORM VIDEOS
Check out our Homecoming Queen Candidate Videos to learn more about them and their amazing platforms! We have 9 amazing representatives! Just click on the photos below to hear their personal platforms and to learn a little more about them.
- Currently enrolled, full-time students
- Minimum 2.500 cumulative GPA
- Must have a total of 48 credit hours, with 24 hours being earned at UA
- Must be sponsored by a registered student organization that is recognized by The SOURCE
- Campaigning Begins: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, at 8 a.m.
- Campaigning Ends: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, at 7 p.m.
- In the event of a tie vote among candidates running for Homecoming Queen, a run-off election will be held on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 online via mybama.ua.edu from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Candidates must run on their own philanthropic platform, in support of an Alabama-based charity of their choosing. Queen will be expected to carry out a philanthropic project during the time of her reign.
- Queen will participate in an official “Candidate Profile Video” coordinated by Homecoming Communications team where they will describe their platform and answer 2-3 questions about themselves, which will be posted online for viewing. This will be the only official candidate video.
- Candidates elected to the court will be notified by phone, after the election on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 or Wednesday, September 28, 2016 in the event of a run-off.
- There will be a mandatory meeting of the five candidates receiving the highest number of votes from the initial and/or run-off election on Wednesday, September 28 at 7 p.m., location 3125 Ferguson Center.
For questions: please contact Margy Long, SGA Homecoming Director of Halftime and Reception by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Lee Caldwell with the Elections Board at email@example.com.